Saturday, November 23, 2013

The manicured Switzerland

Switzerland is a pretty country. And I mean 'well-manicured'. Everything is perfect, I would say. But it comes with a hefty price..Everything is expensive in Switzerland! Even the Lindt chocolate is cheaper in Australia than getting it there.
I think the detail of the Lion monument is incredible.

Pretty white swans!
I loved the hospitality I got from Swiss people. Ever since I visited Germany, I've have an affinity for visiting alp-countries;I genuinely feel welcomed by German & Swiss people, and they are most certainly the most efficient, innovative and polite people (my dad goes on about German technology lol). Plus, did you know that the Vatican city employs Swiss guards? Then, you have Swiss watches, knives, cheese. Pioneers I would say!
I've also noticed, that out of all the European countries (besides England), that I have visited, Germany, Switzerland and Austria have a lot of the native speakers that can also speak English. Or at least that's what my own experience has been. So the language barrier isn't really a problem.
The parents! And if you peer your eyes over to the right, there is not a trace of litter to be found on the footpath.
It is super, super clean there. Don't get me wrong Italy, as much as I love your scenery, a lot of places were pretty dirty. And also, you feel relatively quite safe, and not so wary about all the gypsies luring around.

We saw a yodelling performance, which was very cool! We also had a nice dinner, starting off with some cheese fondue... Unfortunately, I'm not sure where I put the pictures so as of now, I don't have them :( but yodelling is definitely something you should see while you're in Switzerland.

One thing I have to mention about the food courts in Europe; they are pretty darn awesome, comparatively to Aus WHICH IS JUST KFC CRAP. Seriously, they have nice dining halls with decent, quality food, that isn't too expensive.
Delicious cafeteria food 
I also had this Berliner donut; it was very very delicious. I'm a huge fan of jam donuts.

We went around a small market, when it was market day, displaying some of the finest produce of cheese! As much as I love cheese, I don't know whether I'd eat all of those...

While you're in Switzerland, it's a must to visit a watch shop. The Swiss are renowned for their watches, and there is a huge variety of watches to choose from. We went to the Butcherie shop and there were flocks of Chinese people buying some of the most expensive watches. THEY EVEN HIRE SWISS PEOPLE WHO CAN SPEAK MANDARIN OR CHINESE SALES ASSISTANTS. WHAT. Anyway, it's not really a surprise since all the luxury brands know what kind of market they're targeting.
*faints when you see the price*

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!