Saturday, September 7, 2013

An open letter to my hero + waffles

A Father's day breakfast a week over due.. Sorry Dad! I thought we'd be fully stuffed after a dinner at the China Bar buffet.
These waffles take no time to make, and with the convenience of it leaving overnight in the fridge, and just pouring it into the waffle maker the next morning? Perfect and prepared! This is my favourite yeasted waffles, as it produces crispy and light waffles.

But here's a post dedicated to Dad. He's my all time hero and inspiration, who never fails to make me laugh.
The stereotypical strict 'Tiger' dad; he is a math genius (I wish I caught the math gene from him) who is constantly helping me with maths; (and also not to mention, attempted to get me excited about physics), and has given me years worth of wisdom & knowledge to take on, that I can hopefully pass on to my own kids when I'm older. I've learnt the true value of hard work and always going back to your roots.
'Blood is thicker than water' ; I would not be who I am today, without my dad and family's guidance. I love you Dad! I really do hope that one day, I'll make you real proud.

What did you do during Father's day?

Vanilla bean overnight waffles
*Makes sixteen 4 inch waffles

Ingredients:
2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour (or a mix of your favourite flours)
2 tbsp sugar *
1 package (2 and 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 and 3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil or butter, melted *

*I used 1 tbsp of honey instead of sugar
*I used 1/3 cup of sunflower oil

Method
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar (if using), yeast, vanilla and salt. Add the milk, eggs and oil.
2. Beat with an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
3. Cover batter loosely and chill overnight or up to 24 hours.
4. The next day, stir the batter. Pour the batter onto your greased and preheated waffle maker.
5. Bake according to waffle maker directions. When finished, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter.

Adapted from Better homes and gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!