Monday, November 4, 2013

Innsbruck for the zweiten time (second time)

After a few days in Italy, we were changing scenery to the alps, travelling from Italy, to Austria and eventually to Switzerland. More on Switzerland on the next post!
 We passed through a lovely small Italian town, with a view of the Dolomites.


Then we also passed through one of the smallest countries in the world, Liechtenstein!
Anyway, it was my second time visiting Innsbruck. I had done so, from my 2010 trip. Disappointing though, there was no sight of snow in the alps! They must've had a really hot summer... In 2010, there was still quite a bit of snow which makes really lovely scenery.
We were only in Innsbruck for a night, so we just did some shopping!
We went to the Swarovski shop. It was unrecognisable, because they had completely renovated it. They've gone from the glitz and glam to something more simple; minimalist. Honestly? Not impressive. Back in '10, I was completely blown away by all the displays (think walls lined with crystals). I probably should've taken a photo to compare with when I visited the shop in 2010...

We tried sachertorte (I've wanted to try it my whole life) which was very delicious, I'll be hunting for a recipe sometime. If you have any recipes, please tell me! We also had some warm apple strudel with Movenpick vanilla ice cream at our hotel.. It doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!