Friday, February 1, 2013

Pear, walnut and fig salad

I'm going on a detox. Well 99% of the time, that usually fails. But I am going to try my best to stay away from sweets. That means, no eating my baked treats. Or just restricting myself to 1 single piece of whatever I bake. It never ends well when I bake a whole tray of brownies, and I'm in the kitchen by myself.


I'm going on a diet, because there was a lot of aftermath from Christmas and my NZ holiday. I can never look at a beer-battered fish and a chip the same way again. 'Fush and chups', the infamous way of saying fish and chips in a New Zealander accent. The first week of NZ, I literally had fries 5 days in a row.

 So, on to this salad; my eldest sister introduced this salad at Christmas, and I really liked it. I'm not sure where she got the recipe from, but it's for sure from the Internet. Simple and the balsamic vinegar dressing is just plain delicious!

Pear, walnut and fig salad

Serves: 4

Ingredients
1 and a half cups of baby spinach leaves
1 pear, peeled and diced
3/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
4 figs, cut into eights
20 grams of feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey

Method

1. Wash spinach leaves, and dry.
2. Put spinach leaves into a medium sized bowl with the pear, walnuts and figs.
3. Make the dressing: combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
4. Pour over the salad and toss.
5. Top with feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!