Sunday, January 27, 2013

Four fruit smoothie.


 One of my all time favourite breakfast beverages, is a fruit smoothie. Back in middle school, I would get a Boost smoothie after school on Fridays each week.  I've always particularly liked their smoothies, because of their thick consistency. However, I realised after a while how much money I was spending each month on a smoothie, something I could easily replicate at home.

Making your own smoothies at home are so customisable. Add whatever fruits you love: mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi. My favourite all time combination are mangoes, strawberries, blueberries and banana. I'm taking advantage of the mangoes and strawberries, since they're in season right now. 

If you want a thick consistency, add less liquid. Also add a lot of ice to make it very icy! Nothing beats a cold smoothie on a hot summer day. 

You can either use milk, or some sort of fruit juice. As I said, you can customise it yourself. However, I'm posting my own favourite smoothie recipe. Enjoy. 


Four fruit smoothie

Ingredients:
. 1 banana 
. Handful of strawberries (about 10), sliced
. 1 mango, diced
. 1/2 cup blueberries
. 1/3 or 1/2 cup milk, depending on your desired consistency
. 1 and a half cups of ice

Method:
1. Combine all ingredients together in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Serve immediately 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!