Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cupcake central

One of my favourite baked goods to eat are cupcakes. Cupcakes are somewhat special and meaningful to me; they were the first things I baked. I remember excitedly running the kitchen mixer, making a vanilla cupcake batter from scratch. I remember I used to put some sort of runny, glaze sugary icing. I used to like that but now my tastebuds have changed and I find it way too sweet, and I much prefer a fluffy buttercream or my favourite: cream cheese frosting!

My oldest sister gave me a voucher from her Entertainment book (this kind of coupon book), for Cupcake Central. She said "I'll give this to you if you buy us cupcakes one day." and so I agreed. The coupon is 50% (up to 10 dollars value) off any cupcake purchase. I could get the boxes 50% off! 1 box of 4 regular cupcakes is normally 16 dollars and 1 box of 10 babycakes is normally 20 dollars. I decided to go with the babycakes because I wanted to try a variety of flavours. 1 big cupcake is $4 and 1 babycake is $2.

My sisters have brought home cupcakes from Cupcake Central numerous times, but I've never tasted some of these flavours before. I love their cupcakes because they are not overly-sweet, and the cupcakes are very moist.

I bought French vanilla custard, dulce de leche, cookies and cream, salted caramel, nutcase, cookie dough, vanilla vanilla and devil's food chocolate.


Cookies and cream. Not  bad, but I would've preferred a more distinct cookies and cream taste.

Nut case. The icing had a real nutty flavour to it, I loved the toasted nuts on top. It had some chocolate inside.

Vanilla vanilla. Simple and light. To be honest, I've never really been a big fan of just vanilla cupcakes, I like more exciting flavours but vanilla cupcakes are a classic! 

Devil's food chocolate.That was pretty much what you'd expect in a devil's cake. Moist chocolate cake and sweet frosting.

Dulce de leche. This was amazing! Extremely moist and the frosting just melted in my mouth. It also had a bit of the actual dulce de leche inside. Dulce de leche is a South-American milk caramel and I have always been a big fan of it!

French vanilla custard. The icing is creamy and smooth, topped off with a mini macaron. Inside was stuffed with some lovely custard.

Cookie dough. There was cookie dough stuffed inside, and I've never had that before. I've seen cupcakes like that on food blogs, I think I shall make that sometime soon :) 

Salted caramel. Perfect combination of the chocolate cake and the salted caramel frosting. I adore salted caramel, but my family never seems to understand my love for caramel.

My absolute favourite flavour? Well, comes down between two. French vanilla custard and dulce de leche.

Cupcake Central's had flavours that are available everyday (vanilla vanilla, salted caramel, cookies and cream, red velvet, raspberry white chocolate and devil's food chocolate ) but the rest change so on Friday and some other days so you can check the schedule online.

Cupcake Central Workshop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!